Last week, Activision officially announced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and now they’ve confirmed they’ll be completely revealing the video game through an in-game occasion in Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 tomorrow (August 17). “Operation Shadow Siege” will kick off in Warzone 2.0 at 10:30 am PT, run around half an hour, and deal benefits for those who participate. Have a look at the graphic below for a rundown of what you’ll earn.
Gear up for Shadow Siege, Operators Take part in the Modern Warfare III Reveal Event on August 17 at 10:30 AM PST and earn special rewards for your contributions to the battle in Al Mazrah #MW 3
Call of Duty: Warzone pic.twitter.com/mrxswGxQJu
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) August 15, 2023
While the big Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III reveal won’t take place until tomorrow, Activision and developer Sledgehammer have already validated a few details. They’re appealing MWIII will deliver the CoD franchise’s “biggest Zombies providing to date” and “new Open Combat missions.” What the latter might mean isn’t completely clear, however speculation is MWIII will have some objectives that take place on Warzone 2.0 maps. Here are some of the Modern Warfare III includes Activision is teasing…
- With Carry Forward, players can continue to enjoy player inventory and weapon progression from last year’s Modern Warfare II into this year’s brand new, Modern Warfare III.
- Did somebody say Zombies? More details coming soon on the new Modern Warfare Zombies: The largest Zombies using to date.
- New Open Combat objectives in Campaign; brand-new Combat Vests and Perk system for personalizing your Multiplayer Operator; brand-new Tac-Stance movement; brand-new After-Market Parts for unrivaled Gunsmith modification and more.
- One access point for your future Call of Duty material. Beginning with Modern Warfare II and Warzone, and now with Modern Warfare III and beyond, gamers can browse all their material in one location, we call it Call of Duty HQ– making it easier to select which game and modes you wish to play.
- New additions to Ricochet Anti-Cheat in addition to new anti-toxicity strategies to continue to deliver a fun, fair and welcoming online experience for all players.
- Roadmap of post launch live seasons of extra new content.
Interestingly, the new blog site the above details was drawn from likewise claims “our vision to deliver back-to-back Modern Warfare games has been years in the making,” but there have actually been indications that isn’t the case. Well-placed rumors mentioned that Modern Warfare III began as a significant Modern Warfare II growth, and until reasonably recently Activision remained vague about their 2023 plans, just specifying “exceptional Call of Duty experiences” were slated for this year (“premium” is the label Activision attaches to conventional paid CoD material). Ideally, Modern Warfare III’s origins, whatever they might be, won’t end up mattering as it does look like the game will provide a good amount of material.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III is launching on November 10. Most likely, the video game will be concerning the exact same platforms at Modern Warfare II (PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5) although that hasn’t yet been verified.