YouTube creators can easier change their profile title and picture now, with out changing their Google username and passwords.
YouTube creators are usually finally getting an extremely requested new feature. Starting today, creators will become able to easily modify their YouTube channel title and profile picture to higher reflect their content — without updating the title and photo associated along with their Google account.
The change will assist keep your YouTube title and content separate out of your Google services, such because Gmail and Google Docs. That way if you require to send an e-mail for school or function, your real name may appear, not your Youtube . com name.
Important take note: If you’re verified upon YouTube and change your own channel name, you’ll reduce your verification badge and need to reapply. But there will be simply no impact on your customized URL or Official Channel Music Note when you change your title.
Discover the newest apps: Be the 1st to know about the particular hottest new apps along with the Apps Today newsletter.
Here’s how to change your own YouTube channel name plus profile picture, without upgrading your Google account title, on either mobile or even desktop.
How in order to change your YouTube station name and profile image on mobile
1. Open the particular YouTube app, and touch your profile picture.
2. Tap Your channel > Edit channel.
3. To modify your own name, enter your updated name and touch OK.
4. To modify your profile picture, touch your picture, and choose a current photo or get a new one. Tap Save.
How to alter your Youtube . com channel name and user profile picture on desktop
1. Sign into YouTube Studio.
2. To swap out your name: From the left menu, choose Customization > Basic Info. Click Edit to update your station name and enter your own new name. Click Publish.
3. To change your user profile picture: From the still left menu, choose Customization > Branding. Click Upload and select a picture. Adjust the dimension of your picture, plus click Done. Click Publish.
For more, check out our own guide on how to become YouTuber: Online classes plus equipment to get started, and the best vlogging digital cameras of 2021.
Now playing: Watch this: How YouTube and low-cost cameras help spotlight creators…