In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- Chorus review: Breaking the circle
- US FTC files lawsuit to block Nvidia acquisition of Arm Limited
- Didi plans to delist NYSE stock just months after its IPO
- Teardown’s latest update adds 2nd half of campaign, robots, & catapults
- Hazelight forced to abandon It Takes Two copyright by Take-Two Interactive
- New World’s winter update demands players pay tribute to a holiday yeti
- PlayStation’s Game Pass-like service is allegedly code named ‘Spartacus’
- Unboxing: The Red Opera: Last Days of The Warlock
- ID@Xbox Winter Game Fest demo event launches next week
- Apex Legends Game Director Chad Grenier leaves Respawn Entertainment
- Valve won’t pursue platform-exclusive games on the Steam Deck
- Unboxing & review: Ghostbusters Afterlife Plasma Series Figures
- Shack Chat: What is your favorite Bungie game?
And, because it’s the weekend, go find yourself something to play!
- Weekend Console Download Deals for Dec. 3: First Call of Duty: Vanguard discount
- Weekend PC Download Deals for Dec. 3: Black Friday leftovers
And now… Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
Happy 20th to Jak & Daxter!
(More than) 20 years ago, before anyone knew who they were, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy was teased to the world — and here’s that trailer! pic.twitter.com/gwW53TkHoh
— Naughty Dog (@Naughty_Dog)
At the time, people weren’t quite sure how a post-Crash Bandicoot would fare. As it turns out, they ended up doing pretty well.
Happy 20th to Super Smash Bros. Melee, too!
20 years ago today, Super Smash Bros. Melee released on the Nintendo GameCube in North America! pic.twitter.com/oGS4xCFUWg
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica)
And still going strong 20 years later!
Omg it’s December, you know what it means? pic.twitter.com/a0VJaVMUbp
— 🍂🥖 Kéké 🥖🍂 (@Kekeflipnote)
Well, this is the scene for those of you who get snow, anyway.
As we inch closer to Skynet…
I don’t know man pic.twitter.com/YldkZEneKG
— 🆂🅼🅾🅺🅴 (@terrill)
Are we really THAT far away from this?
Just one more hour
Video game subreddits in one picture: pic.twitter.com/TITk0F3Xaa
— Riot Mort (@Mortdog)
It’s a disaster, but I can’t turn it off!
— Work With Indies ❤️💛💚 (@WorkWithIndies)
Having been there myself a lot in this lifetime, I endorse the usage of this meme.
Scenes from CEO 2021
— #CEO2021 Fighting Game Championships (@CEOGaming)
— Alex Jebailey #CEO2021 ceogaming.org/tv (@Jebailey)
— Victrix Pro (@VictrixPro)
— Esteban Martinez (@TheBesteban)
Now that’s a screenshot that makes me smile
— Just UltraDavid (@ultradavid)
Be sure to keep up with the full schedule.
Kali is a fickle goddess
The things that GrandPOObear has to do to please Kali these days.
IT’S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT!
New Botchamania time!
Tonight in video game music
We check in with OC Remix once again tonight. Enjoy this cover of the Hard Man stage from Mega Man 3.
There’s your Evening Reading to send you into this first weekend of December. You have three weeks left to shop for Christmas! What are your plans for this weekend, readers? Join the conversation and let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.