Good evening, Shacknews, it’s nighttime, which means it’s time for Evening Reading. Let’s officially close out our day of posting. Please take a look.
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- God of War shines in PC debut, finally free from its console shackles
- How Neon looks to change the Valorant meta
- Shacknews Most Anticipated Games of 2022
- Pokemon Unite will join the Pokemon World Championships 2022
- Lucid Games game director heads to Firesprite, allegedly with Twisted Metal reboot
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Nintendo Switch Online free trial starts tomorrow
- New NVIDIA driver will support DLDSR and Freestyle SSRTGI
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land will feature co-op with Bandana Waddle Dee
- Sony will continue making PS4s as PS5 shortage continues
- Dota Pro Circuit Winter Major 1 canceled over COVID variant concerns
And now… Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
Your daily dose of sudoku
Simon’s break-in strategy here is rather impressive.
Talking about gravity
I could listen to Dr. Levin talk about gravity and physics all day long.
Another look at space
The expansion of the universe can’t be compared to speed–it doesn’t make sense to say it’s expanding “faster than the bullet can move”. In one second, every piece of the universe (say 1 meter) grows proportionally to its length, with the same factor. Let’s talk about it!
— Leo C. Stein 🦁 (@duetosymmetry)
I would like to take a course where clever people teach me about the universe.
How real are survival scenes in movies?
This bloke gives his thoughts on some classic movie scenes where characters must survive the harsh wilderness.
Does your new game support Kinect?
— Samperson (@SamNChiet)
I love the way this developer describes the process of adding Kinect. Beautiful.
Spread the positivity!
My request for 2022 is no more critical opinions on art/entertainment, only recommendations. I will never care* if you don’t like a thing, but I’ll always want to hear if you love a thing. Thank you in advance for honoring this request.
— Nick Suttner (@nsuttner)
What are you enjoying and what do you recommend?
How good was Disco Elysium?
Disco Elysium was so good. https://t.co/Dl38hSon9W
— Ramonkey Perales (@Ramonkey_art)
Kermit would be a great Kim.
Minimum wage is wild
Minimum wage was $1.40 in the 60s. But you could get a burger for $0.10. Minimum wage is $7.25 now and a burger costs $8. See how that shit doesn’t make sense? Plus $7.25 in 2021 is equivalent to $0.90 in the 60s. So technically it went down
— Torie. (@_noTORIEty)
Inflation is also wild.
I have to admit, Launch Site is a tough one to love
Sure, every single Halo Infinite map is good…
But 1 flag CTF is not the move 😵💫 pic.twitter.com/hGTyiQWXps
— eUnited (@eUnited)
There’s just something about it.
There you have it, Shacknews, your Evening Reading for tonight. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month.
Please enjoy this photo of Rad! While you’re enjoying his little ginger stripes, go on and get Shackpets. You’ll see more photos of Rad and other delightful pets. Plus, you can vote on who you think is cuter!
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.