Remaster studio Nightdive Studios has actually announced a “faithful” remediation of Turok 3 Shadow of Oblivion, pertaining to PC and consoles later this year.
After restoring the original Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Nightdive has announced that the final chapter in the trilogy will be receiving the remaster treatment. The remaster is being managed by Nightdive in collaboration with Universal Games, and Digital Platforms. According to the press release, Turok 3 will be the very first title to use the current variation of the studio’s KEX engine, allowing the devs to achieve a greater tier of visual fidelity across 3D designs, textures, and visual effects. Key features of the remaster on PC and consoles include upgraded gameplay, high-resolution textures, enhanced lighting and making, and assistance for console gamepads with platform-specific features.
“The Turok series is one of the traditional touchstones of video gaming and having the ability to offer the newest and enhanced variation of Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivionis a great sensation,” stated Larry Kuperman, Director of Business Development at Nightdive Studios. “It makes complete use of the latest variation of our KEX engine, and we’re thrilled to share the game with players later this year.”
We’ve included the official announcement trailer for Nightdive’s Turok 3 remaster below:
- Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Key Features: A remastered variation of the 2000 classic, readily available for the very first time because its Nintendo 64 release
- As Much As 4K 120FPS efficiency on PC, PlayStation ® 4|5, and Xbox One and Series X|S
- Advanced rendering features, consisting of anti-aliasing, flower, ambient occlusion, vibrant shadows, and movement blur
- Remastered environment art, character models, and updated weapon models
- Optional Motion/Gyro controls for Nintendo Switch console and Gamepad rumble
- Prizes and Achievements on Windows PC by means of Steam, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion releases on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PlayStation 5/4 on November 14, 2023.